We are currently looking for a self-motivated Receptionist/Administrative assistant for our busy law firm. This position requires coverage Monday to Friday during regular business hours and is available either as a job-sharing position or as a full-time position. The successful candidate needs to be able to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, demanding environment. The successful candidate must be a team player.
The primary responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Greeting clients
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail, emails, and faxes
- Arranging in-town and out-of-town couriers
- Preparing letters using dictation software
- Opening files in our accounting system
- Processing POS transactions and posting to our accounting system
- Taking accurate phone messages
- Filing of invoices
- Scanning documents
- Maintaining the Wills data base
- Setting up the boardrooms for meetings
- Ordering office supplies
Prior office environment experience or customer service an asset. Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), and general office equipment an asset.
A high level of professionalism, an ability to present yourself in a professional environment and an understanding of discretion and confidentiality is a must.
Strong communication and organizational skills, strong proofreading skills as well as a good understand of general administrative tasks.
Office hours Monday to Friday – 34.5 hours per week. The firm offers a comprehensive health benefits package.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send resumes, cover letters and references to Lisa Clancy at firstname.lastname@example.org