Skip to Main Content
Corporate Legal Assistant / Paralegal
We are looking to hire a full-time, self-motivated Corporate Legal Assistant/Paralegal. The successful candidate needs to be able to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, demanding environment. The successful candidate must be a team player.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Legal Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Preparing documents for filing of Corporate Annual Returns;
- Maintaining Corporate Minute Books;
- Preparing Shareholders and Directors Minutes;
- Preparing Shareholders and Directors Resolutions;
- Handling multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately;
- Scheduling appointments;
- Drafting correspondence;
- Dictation to a high quality and accuracy with attention to details;
- Opening and closing files;
- Communicating with clients;
- Diarizing files;
- Assisting lawyers, students-at-law, and other staff members as required.
A minimum of two or more years experience in corporate law with at least Level I CORES with a willingness to obtain Level II CORES within the first year of employment and a willingness to obtain Level III CORES within a reason time frame.
Able to complete the appropriate documents relating to corporate transactions independently and accurately from start to finish. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), dictation and general office equipment. Strong communication and organizational skills, strong proofreading skills, and able to work under tight deadlines. Must have a high level of professionalism, and an understanding of discretion and client confidentiality.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send resumes, cover letters and references to Linda Manning, Office Manager at email@example.com. Applications submitted without all required information will not be considered.